What is Innovative Physical Therapy all about?
Dr. Lauren Crigler is an experienced physical therapist expanding the boundaries of traditional physical therapy to include nutritional and weight loss counseling and total body wellness. She is very focused on:
- Treating and preventing injuries
- Eliminating pelvic pain and dysfunction
- Correcting biomechanics of exercise movements
- Encouraging healthy active lifestyles
- Promoting a healthy diet with an emphasis on plants
- Providing weight loss counseling
- Improving balance and fall prevention
- Promoting positive body images at every level of fitness
- Conditioning for a sport
- Therapeutic massage
- Transforming lives and enjoying the process!
What does Dr. Lauren Crigler, DPT have to offer?
- In the fitness industry, personal trainers motivate clients to get stronger and leaner through diet and exercise. In the medical field, physical therapists are considered the experts on the musculoskeletal system, the biomechanics of exercise and movement.
- Dr. Lauren Crigler has years of experience in both of these professions. As a personal trainer, she really enjoyed motivating people to get stronger and leaner, but found that personal training was often limited due to the chronic pain and physical limitations of many of her clients. In order to help those clients, she became a Doctor of Physical Therapy in 2008, putting her in the unique position to treat injuries, pain and dysfunction while also having a background as a personal trainer.
- Dr. Lauren Crigler offers physical therapy, nutritional counseling and total body wellness coaching. She is dedicated to helping clients decrease pain, reduce injury, improve strength, endurance and balance, lose weight, and ultimately meet their physical therapy and fitness goals. She is compassionate and really listens to the needs of her patients.
Who can benefit from Innovative Physical Therapy?
- People with injuries, pain or dysfunction who want to alleviate their symptoms and live healthy, active lives.
- People with pelvic pain and/or dysfunction. Currently pregnant? – not a problem!
- People who want lose weight and keep it off with diet, exercise, and lifestyle changes.
- People who want to get back in the game, adapt to a new sport or increase their activity level – we’ll work hard to improve outcomes while reducing the risk of injury.
- People who want to exercise with a compassionate professional who knows what it’s like to struggle with diet and lifestyle changes.
- Initial Evaluation (60 min) and Monthly re-evaluation (30 min)
- 1-on-1 visits (1-3 per week, depending on needs)
How is Innovative Physical Therapy different from every other physical therapy clinic?
- Your individual sessions are always 1-on-1 with a Doctor of Physical Therapy.
- If you’ve been to other physical therapy clinics, you know how it is: your physical therapist is triple booked, the therapist moves back and forth between patients and you are often supervised by a tech (someone without any formal education in physical therapy).
- Your physical therapist is CAPP certified by the APTA (Certificate of Achievement in Pelvic floor Physical Therapy), which means all four walls of your core can be considered in your treatment when appropriate.
- Your physical therapist will workout with you on the weekends to motivate you and to see that you are exercising safely for your diagnosis/condition – meet up on Saturday mornings!
- Your physical therapist also has significant continuing education in nutrition and will share this information with you frequently in 1-on-1 visits.
- You will have access to your physical therapist via email, facebook, and text throughout the week, so if you have a quick question…just ask!