What happens at an evaluation? Great question. The evaluation is customized to fit YOU!
60 minute evaluations cover these sections if appropriate, when they apply to YOU.
- Functional assessment
- Medical history, injuries, pain
- Diet, exercise, lifestyle
- Sleep patterns
- Wellness goals (ex: lose unwanted body fat, sleep through the night, lower anxiety)
- Physical therapy goals (what you want to DO better, ex. walk uphill without pain)
- Medical goals (ex: get off medications, lower: resting heart rate, blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar)
- Physical exam (ex. strength, range of motion, sensation, palpation, balance)
- Pelvic Exam (for pelvic diagnoses only – ex. internal testing of strength, endurance, muscle tightness, trigger points, scar tissue, and ability to control muscles).
- Biometric measurements (ex. heart rate, blood pressure, height, weight, body fat)
- Strength tests (ex. core strength, push ups, wall squats)
- Endurance tests (ex. 1 mile walk/run test, 10 minute stationary bike test)
- Balance tests
- Give physical therapy/medical diagnosis if applicable
- Identify the underlying problem (functional limitations and related causes)
- How can you be unstoppable? (identify barriers to success and find solutions)
- Discuss treatment options
- Set short term and long term goals
- Set up a home exercise program
Follow Up Visits
Follow up visits are 30-45 min and cover the sections below that apply to YOU.
This is YOUR visit. We’ll be doing exactly what you need.
- Physical Therapy: therapeutic exercise, neuromuscular re-education, posture and body mechanics training, and manual therapy.
- Individualized workouts: build muscle, burn fat, boost metabolism and reach those physical therapy goals and sports goals.
- Coaching: exercise, nutrition, lifestyle, sleep
- Cardio: we hope you’ll stay and use a cardio machine (treadmill, recumbent bike, spin bike or elliptical) after your visit, turning into a 60 minute workout!
- Motivation: strong emphasis on thought work to reach your goals.
Have questions? Just contact us! We’d love to help you.