What happens at an evaluation? Great question. The evaluation is customized to fit YOU!
60 minute evaluations cover these sections if appropriate, when they apply to YOU.
- Functional assessment
- Medical history, injuries, pain
- Diet, exercise, lifestyle
- Sleep patterns
- Wellness goals (exercise, sleep, lower anxiety)
- Physical therapy goals (reducing pain at rest or with activity, increasing function)
- Physical exam (ex. strength, range of motion, sensation, palpation, balance)
- Pelvic Exam (for pelvic diagnoses only – ex. internal testing of strength, endurance, muscle tightness, trigger points, scar tissue, and ability to control muscles).
- Biometric measurements (ex. heart rate, blood pressure)
- Give physical therapy diagnosis
- Identify the underlying problem (functional limitations and related causes)
- How can you be unstoppable? (identify barriers to success and find solutions)
- Discuss treatment options
- Set short term and long term goals
- Set up a home exercise program
Follow Up Visits
Follow up visits are 30-45 min and cover the treatments below that apply to YOU.
This is YOUR visit. We’ll be doing exactly what you need.
- Therapeutic exercise: using strengthening and stretching to stabilize and improve function of low back and pelvis
- Posture and body mechanics training: teaching you how to perform your daily tasks and positions with compromising your back and pelvis
- Neuromuscular re-education: using specific techniques to
- Manual therapy: using hands on techniques to reduce trigger points, scar tissues and myofascial restrictions. This increases tissue mobility and decreases pain
- Lifestyle coaching: exercise, nutrition, lifestyle, sleep
- Mindset coaching: strong emphasis on thought work to reach your goals
- Homework: simple things that you can do at home daily to make a huge impact
Have questions? Just contact us! We’d love to help you.