Evaluations and Re-evaluations
Initial Physical Therapy Evaluation (60 min) and Re-evaluations (30 min) are 1-on-1 and may cover any of the following when appropriate:
- Functional assessment questionnaire(s)
- Medical history, injuries/pain
- Current diet and exercise/lifestyle
- Current sleep patterns
- Client’s fitness goals
- Client’s health goals (ex: reduce/eliminate medications, decreased resting heart rate, prevent diabetes)
- Physical exam (strength, range of motion, flexibility, sensation, palpation, balance, special tests for injured sites)
- Biometric measurements (resting heart rate, blood pressure, height, weight, body fat)
- Physical condition tests (push up test, plank test, wall squat test, sit up test, work release requirement testing)
- Endurance tests (one of the following: 1 mile test, graduated incline test, 10 minute stationary bike test)
- Provide physical therapy diagnosis if applicable
- Identify functional limitations
- Identify barriers to success and find solutions
- Discuss treatment options
- Set short term and long term goals
- Set up a home exercise program and plan for week one
1-on-1 Visits (30-45 minutes): are tailored to meet individual’s needs and may include:
- Physical Therapy: therapeutic exercise, neuromuscular re-education, therapeutic activities, manual therapy and self-care home management techniques.
- Nutritional counseling, guidance on lifestyle and sleep habit changes and setting up a weekly diet and exercise plan.
- Individualized injury-specific or sport-specific workouts to bring patients closer to their goals.
- Individualized workouts to increase lean muscle mass, burn fat, and boost metabolism to assist with physical therapy goals.
- Patients are encouraged to stay use one of the cardio machines (treadmill, recumbent bike, spin bike or elliptical) after their treatment at no extra charge!
Patients/clients are encouraged to come to as many of the group sessions as possible! Each workout will be tailored to the individual’s skill level. The following group workouts are scheduled every week:
- Saturdays 8:00-9:00am – Track Workout – Outdoor location (indoor alternative if the weather does not cooperate)
- Walk/run with a purpose! Individually tailored track workouts followed by guided stretching.